Portable Utah Standard LISP
Interpreter & Compiler
*** This project is undergoing revision. ***
Is a project realized by a team of three in which an
absolutely portable LISP interpreter+compiler was developed.
Features are as follows:
*** Very soon major version update will be released. ***
- The interpreter is coded in C (Kernighan&Richie). (No single line
of assembly code)
- The compiler which is written in LISP, produces C code.
- Full implementation of UTAH STANDARD LISP. This dialect is defined in
Standard Lisp Report, SIGPLAN Notices, ACM,
New York, 14, No 10 (1979) 48--68.
- The interpreter is based on Dynamic Binding, though, the
compiler will generate Static Binding and upon user demand
retain the Dynamic Binding .
- It is possible to trace compiled functions.
- It is possible to redefine compiled functions.
(Compiled function-calls will also be using the new definition)
- Both the compiler and the interpreter are shareware and obtainable from
- There is an implementation manual available as packed in a
If you want to view the manual as HTML click
You can also download the manual in postscipt format.